Friday, July 25, 2008

Trade the New Barrens?


Last night, I was standing in Orgrimmar dealing with some profession/leveling stuff, and someone started something in Trade chat that caught like wildfire. Now this may have happened before on other servers or the one I play on, but this was the first I had heard of it.

I'm not quite certain what to call it, per se, so let's just be descriptive, shall we?

"Anal" linking.

The person would first say "anal" in chat and then provide a link to either an item or ability.

Examples: anal [Fishing], anal [Prospecting], anal [Ring of Conquest], anal [Rod of Terror], ... You get the idea.

Most people found it amusing, so obviously it kept going. I didn't mind it myself and thought it pretty funny, if juvenile (it's OK to be juvenile sometimes, regardless of what people tell you). Some protested heavily. At any rate, I left Org to pursue the next level. An hour later, I come back and it's still going on.

I mean, it's not Chuck Norris, but still, things may be getting out of hand. Trade isn't used as much for trade as it is inane stuff and insulting each others mothers.

So I ask, is Trade the new Barrens chat?

No comments: