Friday, July 25, 2008

It's What I Do

These days, while waiting with baited breath for the coming of Wrath, I can be found leveling my Pally. I'm enjoying the protection-spec grindage, especially in light (no pun intended) of the last character I worked on. A rogue.

I don't know what it is, but I just get bored to tears leveling rogues. This newest attempt is the highest I've ever gotten a rogue (39), but it's not that much past my last attempt (36). I don't know what it is about rogue that bores me. My first character ever was a druid, and a feral one at that. I played feral before it was viable or even cool. After getting her to max level, you'd think playing a rogue would be lots of fun, too. Alas, I just find other things to do, excuses really, to avoid playing my rogue.

I loved leveling my hunter. Great characters for building wealth quickly on a new server. I liked leveling my shadow priest. Lots of fun, especially in a group. I love my warlock; I can unleash my own inner tormentor when she rolls along (killing every single innocent level 1 rabbit that crosses her path). As I said previously, I love my Pally. Tons of fun to solo because you generally want to pull the world. But the rogue ... I just don't know.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to level my rogue and avoid mind-numbing depression?

2 comments:

Xirifus said...

Hi, it's Xirifus here (http://xirifus.blogspot.com/) :P
I had same problem with rogues.
To avoid that mind-numbing depression
you only need to little.. umm.. Kind of roleplay. nothing heavy RPing just a little, like, Read the whole background of rogues from WoWWiki... also you dont need to act like a roleplayer in-game, just think like a roleplayer, think like a rogue. You are not pressing buttons and your character is not hitting with red-glowing fists and all that kind of spell-effects. He uses melee, He is actually hitting with his hands (or daggers, or swords, maces, whatever) and when you stealth in to some building, dont think that "my transparent character walks in and saps that and kils that and picklocks that" think that your character actually sneaks in silently and kills persons inside with his melee combos.

That helped me. :P I hope you understood what I meant and dont mind those spelling errors :) -Xir

Mad Man said...

Xirifus, thanks for the idea. I'll give that a try.

I used to RP pretty heavily on my old realm (Shadow Council), but since I moved to my new one (it's a normal realm), I've not done any at all.

Maybe getting back to my "basics" is just what the doctor ordered.