Friday, August 15, 2008

Raging Man-Bitch

Admittedly, the title of this post has nothing to do with the post itself. A friend just told me the story of how his wife came up with 'raging man-bitch' and it tickled me.


At any rate, I promised some time ago to talk of my humorous escapades in WoW. I've already discussed them from my Pen-and-Paper (PnP) days, but now I'd like to recount more recent foul-ups.

The first thing that comes to mind is when my little group was still fresh in the game. We'd been playing a few weeks and had gotten our merry little band up to the 20's. I was a night elf druid, my wife played a night elf hunter, my brother-in-law a gnome mage, one friend played a human rogue, and the other played a night elf warrior. Boldly we adventured in Red Ridge, slaying and playing.

We took the quest to kill Tharil'zun and commenced the carnage. Hacking and slashing our way into him, we form up in the small area in front of him to formulate our plan. It's decided that our rogue will sneak in behind Tharil'zun's group and will sap him, once that occurs, our warrior will charge in and we'll burn down his helpers before he wakes. Sounds good on paper doesn't it?

Our sneaky rogue makes his way behind the group without any real issues, and just as he's about to sap the orc, he steps in a campfire located just behind him. In those days, whenever a mob saw a rogue in stealth, some exclamation point-like animation would appear over their heads. When our rogue stepped into the fire, every mob standing there got that animation, and they turned around and proceeded to pound the stuffing out of him. Our group was laughing so hard that none of us could move, much less rescue our rogue, who died a gruesome death. My friend that played the warrior still laughs whenever someone walks up to him and goes "poof!"

-----

Another time, with a pick-up group in Dead Mines, as we cleared the dungeon we hit a snag with a new mage. Standing atop the walkway leading down into the foundry area, a mage that was with us decided that the goblins at the bottom were within reach of his fireballs. Without consulting the group, he commenced lobbing fireballs. Our friend the warrior looked over at him and asked, "What do you think you're doing?" very calmly. The mage, unaware that he has just pulled the entire room says that he's just trying to kill a few before we have to go down there. The warrior just sits down and says that we no longer have to worry about going down there anymore, they'll be up here in a second. The wipe was short but painful.


-----

Recently, as we leveled up our new Horde characters on our new server, one of my friends was working on his Blood Elf Paladin. When he hit 60, he wanted to go get his charger. Now, I had never leveled a Horde paladin before, but I remembered what a bitch the quest was on the Alliance side. Not looking forward to this, I and a few other guildies broke into Stratholme to help complete his quest. Quickly we desecrated the little church. Once we completed that the following conversation took place:
Me: OK, what next?"
Paladin: Next?
Me: Yeah, where do we go next? Scholomance?
Paladin: Dude, what are you talking about? We're done.
Me: Bullsh*t. Go get the rest of the quest. There's got to be more.
Warrior: No, man, that's really it.
Warlock: No, dude, we're done.
Me: Are you sh*tting me? The Alliance version was a thousand times harder? That can't be all of the quest. Quit messing with me guys!
All: Seriously, that's it.
I didn't believe them for the rest of the day. I actually looked it up to verify what they were telling me. I still get a little pissed when I think of how easy that quest is compared to the Alliance version (even though I recently benefited myself from the ease of it).


Camp Taurajo, just a little south of Barrens chat

No comments: