Friday, August 1, 2008

At Home Today


I'm working from home today, and wouldn't you know it, it's the busiest day my department has seen all year.

The guild I'm a part of is a small, family guild. When I say family, I really mean it. Most of the members are an actual family, and the rest are all friends. That's a terrific situation when you're a part of an active group. Everyone knows one-another, there's a lot of kidding around and good-natured fun, and everyone has fun. But what happens when it all starts to fall apart?

Currently, we have about 45 members in this guild. They're all either mains or alts, so in effect, there's really only about 15 real people playing those 45. When everyone logged in regularly, getting help for quests or doing instances was not a problem. Now, people seem to have the pre-Wrath blahs or other, more personal, things are going on in their lives, so at most we might have 3-4 people logging in at once. And because of different schedules, even trying to complete the easiest group quests becomes an exercise in frustration.

I was enticed to this guild by some friends. I had taken a hiatus from the game for a few months late last year, and when I came back, my friends had all moved to a different server. I have no idea why they did the move, but they did, and if I wanted to play with them, I had to pick up sticks too.

Now, because there's no one playing anymore, I'm bored and tired of trying to schedule things for people who never show up.

I guess I'm ready to move on. I've been finding myself looking at guild recruitments posted on the server forum for a few weeks, and I finally took the leap and put in an application yesterday.

I feel bad that I will be leaving my home for so long, but what else can you do when you feel your guild has abandoned you?

No comments: